Animal health plays an important role in harnessing the expected productivity performance of dairy animals. The Animal Health Group endeavours to increase the productivity of animals by facilitating to increase their health status in whatever way it could. The main objectives of the Animal Health Group are:
- Create awareness among dairy farmers on animal health issues.
- Formulate and field test disease control models for economically important diseases.
- Provide inputs to Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying (DADF), GoI in matters related to international trade of animals and animal products.
- Provide inputs to DADF in matters related to veterinary legislation and disease control.
- Facilitate DADF in developing appropriate bio-security protocols for Semen Stations and bull production areas to ensure disease free semen production.
- Serve as resource for matters related Office International des Epizooties (OIE), International Dairy Federation (IDF) and Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC).
- Provide technical assistance for developing Information & Communication Technology systems in Animal Health.
- Provide prompt and reliable diagnostic support to semen stations, bull production areas and disease control projects.
- Standardize latest disease testing methods that would enable swift and reliable disease diagnosis under field conditions.